My training for this work comes in part through the many different schools, trainings, programs and jobs I have learned from. But primarily it comes from a choice I made years ago to be a student learning from my own life. It is this approach that has yielded me joy, fulfillment, laughter, meaning and success in the face of hardship and loss.
- Founder and Coach, Illumin, January 2015-present
- Minister and Mentor, Center for Sacred Studies, 2010-present
- Director and Mountain Guide, Back to Earth Outdoors, 2011-2014, guided 40+ multi-day backpacking trips in the wilderness
- Vision Quest Guide, Rites of Passage, 2011-present
- Fundamentals course, Coaches Training Institute
- Ministerial Training, 2 years, Center for Sacred Studies,
- Facilitation Intensive, Community At Work
- Vision Quest Guide training and apprenticeship, 2 years, Rites of Passage
- WFR and Outdoor Educator certification and training, Wilderness Medicine Institute and the National Outdoor Leadership School
- Regenerative Design and Nature Awareness immersion, 9 months, Regenerative Design Institute.
- Bachelors in Peace and Conflict Studies, UC Berkeley
- Coursework in Organizational Systems and Dialogue, Saybrook University